1. Measure out 1 quart of water (preferably distilled) and add to a stainless steel or glass pot.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco inner bark to water.
3. Bring liquid to a full boil with lid on pot
4. Reduce heat to a gentle rolling boil and boil for 25 minutes.
5. Let Cool.
6. Pour through a strainer using a funnel into sterilized glass bottles or pitchers. Cap and refrigerate if desired …( refrigeration is optional due to the strong natural anti bacterial properties present in the tea )
You can sterilize bottles by placing in a 225-degree oven for 10 mins. Pitchers can just be well washed between brews with hot soapy water.
(For convenience you can brew larger quantities, we brew 4 quarts at a time, 12 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco to one Gallon of water).
You can also increase the ratio to 4-6 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco per quart/litre if you wish a stronger brew but we recommend starting with the normal strength at first.
Pau d'arco tea can be mixed with juice if desired or sweetened with stevia or honey, it may also be slightly warmed in a pot on a stovetop…do not use a microwave.
The statements and articles on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA, Health Canada or any other agency.
We urge you to always seek competent medical advice for all health problems.
Copyright 2003 Herbcare All Rights Reserved.