HerbCare offers premium "tea"grind also known as "fine" grind pau d'arco for optimal strength and benefit as shown in the photo below. This grind brews a stronger more potent tea than preparations made with C/S (cut and sift) styles of tea. The directions below are for the tea we offer and the amounts would need to be greatly increased to obtain the same strength if using a C/S style tea.
Pau d'arco basic brewing instructions:
1. Measure out 1 quart of clean water and add to a stainless steel or glass pot.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco inner bark to water.
3. Bring liquid to a full boil with lid on pot
4. Reduce heat to a gentle rolling boil and boil for 25 minutes.
5. Let Cool.
6. Pour through a strainer using a funnel into sterilized glass bottles or pitchers. Cap and refrigerate if desired …( refrigeration is optional due to the strong natural anti bacterial properties present in the tea )
You can sterilize bottles by placing in a 225-degree oven for 10 mins. Pitchers can just be well washed between brews with hot soapy water.
(For convenience you can brew larger quantities, we brew 4 quarts at a time, 12 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco to one Gallon of water).
You can also increase the ratio to 4-6 tablespoons of Pau d'Arco per quart/litre if you wish a stronger brew but we recommend starting with the normal strength at first.
Pau d'arco tea can be mixed with juice if desired or sweetened with stevia or honey, it may also be slightly warmed in a pot on a stovetop…do not use a microwave.